well got both sides rough sanded. I can see some areas of coarse grain and some low spots but I don't want to sand any further until I've used a chalk stick to check for fair. I have noticed that at the sheer between the clamps that the hull is springing out this could effect the final fairing. I am going to trim the excess veneer back flush with the bottom riband of the mold and use scrap battens to clamp the hull to the bottom riband. This should provide an even clamping pressure which should get rid of this ripple effect. The bottom riband is set two inches below the sheer riband to give a good overlap for final fairing.
Apart from this the hull is starting to look quite good now.